Friday, July 3, 2009

Grilling: It's supposed to be EASY!!

You see all the books at the check out stand.....Grilling Made Easy....Easy Grilling...Grilling for Dummies. All it takes is a little heat and a little food, right??

Well, I recently had my first experience with grilling in a long time. We got a neighbors old gas grill and I pulled out the rusted out burners so I could just use it for charcoal. Seems like a good idea to me.

Well the results were both humorous and humbling. We had "charcoal hamburgers" - little, black, rock-hard, burgers with no real taste.

The family was really nice about it.....we even tried putting a lot of mustard and ketchup on the "charcoal burger" to see if we could cover up the taste...but to no avail. It was still HORRIBLE!

Anyone out there wanna come over for burgers soon!!??


They look good from here.....but look can be deceiving!!


Ah, yes! The "charcoal burgers" made to perfection...PERFECTLY HORRIBLE!!

No comments: