Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Half a Century!! Can it be?? Glen celebrates his 50th birthday!

Half a century!  That sound SO OLD!!!  Well whether it sounds old or not, the reality is that I (Glen) celebrated my 50th Birthday!  My official birthday was on July 15th but since we were in Colorado at the the Cru Staff Conference then, we decided to celebrate when we all got back to Arkansas.  So we were able to celebrate my 50th on Monday the 29th - just a couple of weeks after my "real birthday".

I also got to "order" my birthday meal - which I chose some delicious lentil soup with some great salad to boot - all made by my beautiful bride, Shawn.  Then Shawn gave me a "bonus" by making some delicious and finger-licking gluten-free chocolate muffins!  The kids would have eaten them all if we had not restrained them :)

In any case, I felt well loved as we celebrated.  I also so appreciated all the cards and phone calls I got from friends and family.  And while I don't like being the "center of attention", I do appreciate those people God has placed in my life that show love to me on my birthday!

And yes, the mail from AARP is already coming.......:)

1 comment:

Therealjerrydugan said...

Happy Birthday, Glen. You look a lot younger than you really are.