Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Update on our Sabbatical AND Great Weather in Arkansas!!

Just wanted to take a minute to "brag on God" for a minute or two!!  He is an awesome God and, in His Great Grace and Goodness, shows us tangible means of His Care every day.  Here are just two of them!

OUR SABBATICAL:  Shawn and I have really been enjoying our Sabbatical this month - this is the 2nd one we have taken in our 10 years on staff.  We were able to start our sabbatical when our Cru/Campus Crusade Staff Conference ended in Colorado on June 21st.  So we have had about two weeks of extended time off and have about 10 days left!  When people ask me what we have been doing, my normal response is "as little as possible"!  For me (Glen), that is challenging because I am a natural "doer" - always something to do next of my to do list.  But I have been fighting the urge "to do" and really just enjoying some extended times with the Lord, some time to read some great books, time to enjoy the kids, and, last but certainly not least, time to talk and have fun with Shawn.  It has been sweet.  I am reminded how much God designed us for REST!  And we ALL need this in our very busy lives!

GREAT AUGUST WEATHER:  As I looked at the weather forecast this week, I was dumbfounded.  This is mid-August in Arkansas.  We are usually sweltering with 90+ degree temps and high humidity to boot.  But, in God's Goodness, this week is different.  High today and tomorrow are 81 degrees - and the Lows both nights at 57 degrees!  Unheard of!!  Thanks be to God for His Respite from the normal summer heat.  See screenshot below from weather.com.  Thank You Lord!!




1 comment:

Therealjerrydugan said...

We are glad to hear that you are getting some much deserved time off.