Friday, December 16, 2011

Great Quotes from a friend!

I have a friend from Houston that sends me a daily email that shares a Scripture and then some great thoughts around it. Oftentimes, God has used these email to stir and renew my heart. But He has also used some of the quotes my friend passes along to BOTH challenge and encourage me.

Hope the quotes below can both encourage and challenge you as well!!


" We are not a generation marked by passion. Passion can be lost in programs and progress reports and institutions and calenders. In doing what is Good, we may Fail to do what is Best." R. Albert Mohler Jr.


" Here is a perfect description of the contemporary Church, especially IN AMERICA, with its beautiful facilities, the finest music, and state-of-the-art technology. It has busied itself in everything but THE WILL OF GOD---TO SEEK AND SAVE THE LOST. The word " evangelism " has as much attraction for the modern Church as the word " righteousness " has for the world."
Ray Comfort ( The Evidence Bible)


" I believe the holier a man becomes, the MORE he mourns over the unholiness which REMAINS IN HIM."
Charles Spurgeon

" Worship is why we were born and why we were born again."
A.W.Tozer

" Some would think that it would take AN ACT OF GOD to change my home,my marriage, my life, and me. Well, they are exactly right."
Nathan Cothan


" Oh, my friends, we are loaded down with countless church activities, while the real work of the church, that of evangelizing the world and winning the lost, is almost entirely NEGLECTED."
Oswald J. Smith

" God wills that we should PUSH ON INTO His Presence and LIVE our WHOLE life THERE."
A W Tozer

No comments: